Thanks, Betas!!!

THANK YOU, BETA-READERS!!!
I can't say thank you enough to my Betas for all of their support, encouragement, feedback, suggestions, constructive criticism, and kindness. 

It was a blast learning from each of the Betas and getting their perspective on how to make each chapter of The Battle even better.

The critiques they gave me were wonderful, and I can't appreciate being compared to savvy, magnificent authors such as Nicholas Sparks and George R. R. Martin enough. Betas have shared such fantastic words of what they felt about The Battle, and I'd like to share a few of them. 
I hope their words spark your interest.
Here's what you need to know:

Betas shared the three words they felt when they finished my novel:

Courageous, captivating, and endearing

Mysterious, intense, and thought-provoking.

Captivating, Mysterious, Adventurous (and if I can add a fourth...a bit emotional/emotion packed).

**********

Betas were kind enough to share what authors/shows/movies they've read/watched that reminded them of my story, in one way or another, and they shared the following: 

"I think of Nicholas Sparks when I think of the way your book is written. He tends to go from present to past in a lot of his books (most notably, The Notebook.) Can I say Game of Thrones? (Just kidding! Don't use that!)."

"The only thing that comes to mind is Legends of the Fall possibly because they are both love/war stories that have other layers."

"Your book reminds me a little of the tv show Lost. The flashbacks make me think of it."

"I am not sure because I have always steered clear of most books, movies, etc. that had anything to do with WWII.  Hogan’s Heroes is the only one I watched, and that doesn’t even come close."

Sorry! I'm honored to be likened in any form to two excellent writers (one who I've read), and I'm honored to share. Of course, The Battle isn't sci-fi or fantasy, but I'll let you find out why this Beta thought of GOT when reading it.
**********

They also shared how they felt about the book:

"The Battle is a compelling novel that will tug at your heart, make you want to get involved, and keep you glued to the edge of your seat."

"The Battle is a captivating read with something to satisfy every reader."

"The Battle will have your emotions running wild. It is intriguing, entertaining, and mysterious."

"I really enjoyed the flashbacks in the story for both Zeke and Cody. I had a strong connection to Zeke throughout the story, but I really loved Cody's story as well. I also really loved the way you broke the story up to have different parts in different perspectives." 

"I love the way the book ended. It was exactly what I was hoping for." 

"I love it."

"My favorite part is definitely the ending."

"I liked the book."

"I wasn’t sure how much I was going to enjoy this book, but it really included a lot of elements beyond what I was expecting. It has something for everyone."

"Overall this is a wonderful book."

"I will definitely recommend this book."

"I really enjoyed reading this book...Thank you for letting me be a Beta!"


"I am so enthralled with your writing and how you have put this all together. Wonderful work."



"This story is one you don’t want to put down, and I am truly liking how it is getting to be a real 'keeping you on the edge of your seat' story. It would make a great mystery movie!"



**********

An alpha-reader also shared their thoughts on the book:

"What made me enjoy reading The Battle the most was that the characters are so natural and honest. The dialogues are also real and successfully reveal the personalities and emotions of each character. There are many little humorous quips throughout, and I personally find them refreshing and welcome within a more dramatic story. They endeared the characters to me even more!
I could see this story in movie mode in my mind while I was reading. It would be neat if it could be made into a movie!"

I'm SO thankful to all of you for being my betas and alphas!!!
This Christian Historical Fiction novel is a mixture of "...mystery, murder, intrigue, romance, and war..."

“A world war isn't meant to stop true love. 
A dangerous mystery might destroy lives and take the war to a whole new, devastating level. 
An everlasting love could die on the battlefield. 
The Battle isn't your typical Historical WWII story. Zeke and Cody aren't your average couple. Their lives depend on every word you read as their story unravels.” 

If you want to find out more about The Battle, keep an eye out for future blog posts! Sample chapters will be on their way, and I'd love for you to consider being an ARC reader for The Battle. 

What is an ARC reader, you ask?

An ARC is someone who obtains a prepublished, free paperback or ebook copy (known as an Advanced Reader copy; aka ARC) of The Battle and reads it within a certain given period. Readers are given the opportunity to share their review of the book through Amazon, Goodreads, Bookbub, blogs, and other social media sites. Authors are grateful to anyone who takes the time to read and share their thoughts on the story. 

If you are interested in being given an ARC and reading The Battle, with the hope of sharing a review, please feel free to sign up on the link below. No dates have been set yet, but you will be informed when the time comes, and you are more than welcome to change your mind when that time comes. 

Here's the link to sign up, and I will contact you as soon as an ARC opportunity becomes available. Thanks so much for considering it, and a special advanced thanks for signing up and becoming a part of The Battle world.

Here's the link you need: ARC TEAM


As always, until next time, Happy Reading!!
Picture found online @ DaisiesHeartBook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All Going Downhill From Here: Spy School Goes South by Stuart Gibbs

My Top 5 WWII Movies: Book Research

Nobody's Victim by Carrie Goldberg