If At First You Don't Succeed


I started the year of 2018 with a goal. I was going to read 100 books. I was excited. There are so many books I've wanted to read and have stacked across my room. The wonderful authors, characters, and stories waiting for me to dive in and find out more about them are overwhelming.   

However, I failed my Goodreads Goal of 100 books for 2018. 

I was disappointed in my failure. Reading is my happy place. See:

Currently, I'm in the middle of five books. They're all WWII related, and I'm enjoying them, but I can't hurry through them since I'm reading them for research. You can understand my conundrum. 

Now, I have started two other books. Like many of you, I want to learn and grow, and I am in the middle of Day Job to Dream Job by Kary Oberbrunner. I love this author's dedication to "igniting souls on fire" and helping the world find that dreams can come true if you're willing to put in the work and the attitude. I've learned a lot already from him, and I'm in his DJTDJ workshop as well. It's been enlightening and follows closely to the book.

I've also been reading another book. I recently started it, and I've found it has a message my heart and soul have needed to hear. I highly encourage others to read it, and I'm excited to share more about it when I've finished it as well.

Despite not reaching my 2018 reading goal, I plan on continuing my reading. As the saying goes, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. So, I will try again. If nothing else, I'm persistent.

Goodreads sent me an email to continue the New Year reading challenge, and do you know what I did? I did the same goal for 2019. I'm going to attempt to read 100 books this year. After all, I know I can do it, and as I stated before, I'm persistent. Of course, I'm three books behind schedule as of Sunday, but I like to really challenge myself.  

There are so many good books to read. I can't wait to dive in, and I've already started. 


The good news is that I'm reading for my research, and I've been enjoying it. What I've learned can't come from any textbook, and it's been lovely to see history from all sides. I've not only read a lot of great books, but I've also watched several wonderful movies and documentaries which have enlightened me further. I hope it will infuse my writing with texture and context and believability.

There are books I've wanted to read for a while now. This is the year for me to get into them. I've been spending every free moment from my full-time job trying to work on my book, The Battle. It's time-consuming and worth every minute. It's led me to work on the second book in the series, and I'm excited to share it with everyone since my alpha- and beta-readers have been giving me a lot of positive feedback. 


So, 2019 is the year to continue to make changes, become a better person, and read as much as I can. 

What about you? Do you have a reading challenge or any new year goal? What do you hope to accomplish this year? Feel free to share! I'd love to hear your resolutions.



Until next time, Happy Reading!!
Picture found online @ DaisiesHeartBook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All Going Downhill From Here: Spy School Goes South by Stuart Gibbs

My Top 5 WWII Movies: Book Research

Nobody's Victim by Carrie Goldberg