Summer Book Love

Ahhh, the bookshelf...

If your bookshelves are like mine, they're overflowing. You have now started a pile to the side of said bookshelves, and you are hoping they find a new home soon. Which means, you're going to be building or buying a new bookshelf. 

Image result for book pictures

Found: https://www.asme.org/getmedia/c2c8ea5a-b690-4ba7-92bb-34bd1432862b/book_guide_hero_books.aspx


While perusing my bookshelves and stacking some new ones, I realized I wanted to share with you a few favorites I've read this summer. Basically, I wanted to share all of my favs with you. However, I decided to make it my TOP FIVE shares for some Summer Book Love. 

Image result for book pictures
Found: https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/childrens-responsive-ichef/r/400/1x/cbbc/world-book-day-quiz.jpg


Now, it was extremely difficult to narrow down the list, and I do include some honorable mentions. These are books I've read this year or are on my "to-read" list but do not necessarily include my Top Ten Favorite Reads of All Time (which is a blog for another time). 

Image result for book pictures
Found: http://thepersonalfreedomproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/positive-thinking-books.jpg



Let me know if you have any I should add or if there's a favorite of yours listed below! I love hearing about new reads! I've also included links and my own reviews, if present, but will give you the heads-up: there might be spoilers!

Image result for book pictures
Found: https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/2017%2F5%2F15%2Fa50c956c-1f38-4e1e-bc3b-bf098090f742.jpg?w=461&h=245&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70






32078787#1: Once And For All by Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen continually makes my lists (see Top Ten Favorite Male Characters and Top Ten Favorite Female Characters) because of her realistic stories and genuine characters. I love how she integrates such heartfelt moments throughout all of her books. 

She is my absolute FAVORITE author to read and reread. It's why she's #1. 


Here are some links to find her books and of my review (beware of spoilers):


Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Half-Price Books
Goodreads







A Man Called Ove: A Novel by [Backman, Fredrik]#2: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman   

This has been one of the best new reads I've experienced in a long time. Fredrik Backman is a master of pulling you in, painting a picture, and helping you fall in love with his characters. I'm impressed with how he enfolds the audience into Ove's life. 

It is a humorous, emotion-packed, profound story. Ove is another character featured on my Top Ten Favorite Male Characters



Here are some links to find his books and of my review (beware of spoilers):


Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Half-Price Books
Goodreads







15756277#3: Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz

This book is based off a true story and certainly packs a punch. Told from the perspective of 10-year-old Yanek Gruener, readers will find themselves step in step with a Jewish boy's life during Nazi-occupied Krakow. 

Reading his story of survival in TEN different concentration camps is life-changing. If you want a read packing serious emotional clout, you will love this story! Reminding me in some ways of the beloved Number the Stars by Lois Lowry, you will not walk away from this young man's story unaffected. 


Here are some links to find his books and of my review (beware of spoilers):

Amazon






25434361#4: Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles

I've recently become a fan of autobiographies and biographies, and I felt I'd be remiss if I didn't include this little gem. I love the voice Sara Bareilles shares in her autobiography, Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song

Her memories are humorous, genuine, and reflective. I love the way she breaks each chapter down by her songs. Sara lives and breathes her music, and it's no wonder a book about her, by her, would reflect the same enthusiastic influence. 
I'm sure it does sound like her. 

Here are some links to find her books and of my review (beware of spoilers):


Amazon

Barnes and Noble
Half-Price Books
Goodreads






18692431#5: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

This book kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. When "next" came, I wasn't prepared for it. Nor was I prepared for the last "next". Intense, emotional, shocking, and beautiful, this book is one of my absolute favorite reads this summer!

The movie is also amazing! It keeps fairly close to the book. The actors are wonderful and keep you engaged, but it all starts here. If you liked the movie, if you enjoyed the plot, or if you're ready for a surprising new read, then read this book! Everything, Everything is spectacular! 


Here are some links to find her books and of my review (beware of spoilers):


Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Half-Price Books
Goodreads






Honorable Mentions for your summer reading pleasure: 


23604559   25876993   25092254  33980659

 26109094   25689026  33853247

        35235484   Burn Baby, Burn Baby by [Craig, Kevin]   The Next by [Miracle, Mike ]
                                         

Or check out Barnes and Noble , Goodreads , and Half-Price Books!



Feel free to comment your Favorite Summer Reads! Let me know how you felt about the ones I've mentioned in my Top Five Summer Book Love post.



As always, Happy Reading!
Picture found online @ DaisiesHeartBook
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All Going Downhill From Here: Spy School Goes South by Stuart Gibbs

My Top 5 WWII Movies: Book Research

Nobody's Victim by Carrie Goldberg