A FAVORITE: Guest Author J.L. Hendricks


Welcome to A Favorite: 
Guest Author J.L. Hendricks!!!


*****

On the road to Indie Publishing, I have met some A-MAZING authors! One such author has given me a look into a whole other world. Meet and find out more about the fabulous author, J.L. Hendricks, her intrepid new series: Alpha Alien Abduction, and her main character from Worlds Away







*****


1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Things like your name and your general location. How long you’ve been an author? How many books do you have out? What genre(s) do you write? Are you a traditional or self-published author?
J.L. HendricksMy Name is J.L. Hendricks, and I am from Southern California near Disneyland! One of my favorite playgrounds growing up when it was affordable.

I started writing this past March when Michael Anderle told me I could do it. Currently, I have 9 books out with two more scheduled to release by December, along with two new Novellettes inside of different anthologies for December.

I am a Self-Published author who writes clean Sci-fi Adventure/Romance and Paranormal. Next year, I will be starting a new Urban Fantasy series, too! I can’t wait to start that project!




2. What is your writing process like - what works best for you when sitting down to tackle a new story?
I need to concentrate, so I usually play music. Most of it is movie soundtracks. The ebb and flow of the music helps to put me in the mood. When I know I need help with a certain mood, I go to that soundtrack. If I need something upbeat and quick paced, the Tron soundtrack works great! If I need something sad or serious, I go to The Hunger Games.

I am a Pantser, for the most part. So I don’t outline much. I usually write down a few ideas, get the beats of the story down. Then go for it. I have tried to outline in the past, and I went way off script, so I don’t waste my time now.



3. Who is your author inspiration?
There are so many wonderful authors out there! Michael Anderle helped me to get my start, but others like May Sage, TS Paul, Craig Martelle, Justin Sloan, and you- (Me? THANK YOU! ;)), have all helped me to be a better author. 
They have all helped to shape me in some way. A few have even let me kill them off in horrible ways! Thank you, Craig! Martelle is still one of my best bad guys!

(Remind me not get on your bad side! ;))



4. What would you like readers to know about you and your work?
All of my characters share some of my traits, good and bad. I dare you to figure out what traits I share with the Insectoids!


(Do you secretly have wings?)




Miss Claus and the Secret Santa: A Shifter Christmas Romance, Book 1 by [Hendricks, J.L.] 5. Are you working on a new story now? What details can  you reveal about it at this time?
 Yes, I am working on a Christmas book. It is a paranormal  shifter romance. In this new world, Santa is an Arctic Wolf  Shifter. That is why no one can ever find him. Well, that and  the Christmas Magic that surrounds him and his workshop.





*****


If you want to know more about Author J.L. Hendricks, check out her author bio and these social media links:


Author's Bio: 
An image posted by the author.

J.L. Hendricks is a new independent author. The Original Eclipse Series was her first published series. 

Her latest series, Alpha Alien Abduction Tale, is a PG-13 version of the hot Alien Sci-Fi Adventure/Romance genre! She thought it might be fun to write in that world while still keeping it mostly clean for everyone to read. Because let's be honest, who doesn't love a good alien abduction story?

She is very proud to have served in the US Army before she went to college. She decided to finally write, and finish a book this year, because of a few friends who encouraged her to do so. She hopes her stories entertain you and can bring a laugh on occasion. 

Actually, it was her roommate's cat who talked her into staying home to be her minion all day long! Pyper truly believes that J.L. is here to serve her alone and to feed her whenever she graces J.L. with her presence. 


The Interdimensional Saga (5 Book Series) by  J.L. Hendricks JL Hendricks


Social Media Links: 
Do you like BookBub? Follow me there too! https://www.bookbub.com/authors/j-l-hendricks



*****

Whew! What a great interview! I enjoyed my time with J.L. Hendricks. I hope you had a blast getting to know her a little more. 
Next, how does Paris, the main character of World's Away, cope with being a part of her creator's world? 


Welcome, Paris!


1. What’s your favorite 90’s jam?
Um, I am only 23. I probably liked something on Disney Channel. Maybe "OH Tootles"? LOL, but now when I listen to classic rock, I enjoy Pearl Jam and Lincoln Heights. They can get me moving!



2. If you could think of ONE word to describe your creator’s favorite jam, what would it be and why?
Happy. She likes music that is upbeat and puts a smile on your face.



3. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I totally miss my Lola! If I ever make it back to Earth, I am going to find her and take her with me in space. I don’t care what Venay says, dogs totally belong in space!



4. Tea or coffee?
Coffee- don’t bother talking to me until I have had at least 2 cups of coffee in the morning.



5. What did your creator really plan on naming you - be honest?
She always wanted to name me Paris. Her first series MC is B’Lana, and she is named after a character on Star Trek Voyager. That character’s last name is Paris. So, I am another version of B’Lana. I think she always wanted to name her daughter B’Lana, so it makes sense to name both of her MC’s B’Lana and Paris.



6. If there is one character you wish your Author would kill off in the story, who would that be and why?
Oh, that is tough. I don’t like the Insectoids! I wish she would get rid of their species entirely! Ugh! Just thinking about what they have done to us gets me grossed out! They use humans as their breeding ground, literally. They lay their egg sacks inside of humans, and then when the eggs hatch, they eat their way out of the body! Gives me the heebie-jeebies!



7. What is the last thing you watched on tv and why?
Holiday. Last night my creator was binge watching Christmas shows to get her in the mood to write her new Christmas book. We watched several of them together. I love Christmas movies!



8. If you went to high school, which group do you think you would most fit in with and why?
I did go to high school. I was sporty and smart. I knew most of the popular kids. I wouldn’t call myself popular, but I did know a lot of people.



9. If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?
Liam Hemsworth! He seems so grounded. Well, except for his fascination with Miley. But he is tall and handsome. Such a good actor too! I tend to go for really tall guys if you hadn’t noticed. ;)



10. Which team are you: Captain America or Iron Man?
Captain America all the way! Not only is he much better looking, but he is humble. Iron man is hot, but he is way too proud. Look at how the Cap still loved his ex-girlfriend and visited her even when she was really old. He is a good guy, no matter what anyone thinks! Oh, and he is really tall too! LOL!



Thanks, Paris, for giving us an insider's view into your world! If you would like to get to know Paris more and read her story, you can find Worlds Away on Amazon now for $0.99!! 
Also, feel free to check out Book Two: Worlds Collide


Buy Links:
Worlds Away is available for only .99c! Get your copy now! http://amzn.to/2cV5lpe
Worlds Collide, book 2 in the Alpha Alien Abduction Tales is now available at Amazon: http://amzn.to/2eXy94c







Thanks for joining me and getting to know Author J.L. Hendricks. 
Remember to check out her Amazon page for some new reads this winter! 
And keep an eye out for her upcoming Christmas story!  


As always, HAPPY READING!!! 





Picture found online @  https://nature.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/1419550/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All Going Downhill From Here: Spy School Goes South by Stuart Gibbs

My Top 5 WWII Movies: Book Research

Nobody's Victim by Carrie Goldberg